Policies and Procedures
Information Regarding the Facility Policies and Procedures
- NBA Revised Arena Guidelines
- Security/Building Policies and Procedures
- Other Policies
- Disabled Seating & Accessibility
The National Basketball Association issued to all teams a revised set of Arena Guidelines, according to NBA Deputy Commissioner and COO Russ Granik. The Guidelines include policies dealing with the deployment of security personnel, alcohol sales and a new Fan Code of Conduct. View Guidelines
Creating a safe and secure environment for all of our guests and employees is a high priority at Quicken Loans Arena. It is our responsibility to make sure the people who spend time at this facility are safe and secure. We will take the necessary measures to provide an environment where our guests can have a good time without concern.
Quicken Loans Arena security personnel reserve the right to determine the method of security checks as deemed necessary including the use of metal detectors, the search of jackets, clothing and other items.
What you are not permitted to carry into Quicken Loans Arena
- No video recorders, audio recorders, or other similar electronic devices
- No signs, posters or messages on any garment with explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization directed toward any person.
- Determination of appropriate messaging is at sole discretion of The Q
- No laser pointers or whistles
- No backpacks, large bags, or sealed packages of any kind (including gifts for performers)
- No bottles, cans, or coolers
- No outside food or beverages. Exceptions are made for medical reasons, baby food and reasonable children’s snacks (crackers, raisins, juice boxes, etc.)
- Any professional camera device with a lens larger than 6 inches
- In accordance with the Ohio’s “concealed carry” law and the right for private entities to ban handguns on their premises, firearms and other weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden on the premises of Quicken Loans Arena.
What you are permitted to carry into Quicken Loans Arena
- Purses and diaper bags are permitted and will be inspected by security
- Binoculars and cell phones are permitted and subject to security inspection
A Valid I.D. (State I.D., Driver’s License and Military I.D.) is required for purchase of Alcohol if you appear to be 30 years of age or younger. Sorry for the inconvenience, but Ohio law prohibits passports and any I.D. from foreign states as forms of identification. The service limit for events is 2 alcoholic beverages per transaction. Alcohol service cut-off is made at the beginning of the 4th quarter for NBA games, at the end of the second intermission for AHL games, or at management’s discretion.
Banners / Signs
Banners and signs may not be hung anywhere inside the venue unless authorized by Quicken Loans Arena. Unauthorized signs or banners must be returned to your vehicle.
Guests are permitted to bring personal cameras (see specifications below) to The Q for Cavaliers and Monsters games. For all other events, the camera policy is determined on an event-by-event basis by the tour management. For up-to-date information on the camera policy for the specific event you are attending, please visit the show’s information page listed here a few days before the event or e-mail your inquiry to email@example.com.
If allowed, cameras will be inspected at designated turnstiles and must be 35mm or less, disposable, or digital with a lens no more than 6 inches in length and 4 inches wide across the lens (anything greater than this is considered professional equipment and is not permitted inside The Q).
There are two First-Aid stations in Quicken Loans Arena staffed with registered nurses. The First-Aid stations are located on the Main Concourse near Section 121 and on the Upper Concourse near Section 220. On site for all events is a paramedic unit from the City of Cleveland. If you are in need of medical attention please notify a Quicken Loans Arena Guest Services Representative. The Quicken Loans Arena staff is trained to call for immediate response and assistance in emergency situations.
Quicken Loans Arena has a no re-entry policy. Once you leave the building during an event, you will not be permitted to return.
Trained guide dogs or service animals assisting guests are welcome inside Quicken Loans Arena. All service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times.
Quicken Loans Arena is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building. Designated smoking areas are located outside the venue. Smoking is also defined to include any and all electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes.
Quicken Loans Arena does not permit unauthorized soliciting or collecting of contributions, vending, distribution of fliers or other promotional/advertising materials on the premises.
A valid ticket for the event is required for admittance to Quicken Loans Arena unless otherwise indicated. Children two years or older must have a ticket for admittance unless otherwise stated. Children under two must sit on a parent’s lap.
Lost and Found
Please report a lost item to one of our Guest Services Desks located on the Main Concourse near Section 100 or on the Upper Concourse near Section 233.
To learn if a lost item has been found call (216) 420-2195 the day after the event.
As you enjoy a wide variety of sports and entertainment events at Quicken Loans Arena, our goal is to provide you with the kind of assistance and service excellence that will make your visit to The Q a safe, comfortable and positive experience. You will find Quicken Loans Arena to be a user-friendly building with a Guest Services team that is trained to understand how to accommodate your special needs. The following will give you helpful information on policies, procedures and amenities offered to make your visits with us memorable and enjoyable.
For information or assistance, Guest Services is located on the Main Concourse (Level 3, behind Section 100) and the Upper Concourse (Level 5, behind Section 200).
- Automatic doors are located at all Quicken Loans Arena ground entrances.
- Braille signage is appropriately displayed on all public areas of the arena, including elevators, seat sections, restrooms and offices.
- Braille menus are available at Quicken Loans Arena restaurants upon request. Braille menus for concession stands are available at Guest Services booths on Levels 3 and 5. Suite-holders may pick up suite catering menus or concession menus in Braille in the Suite Sales and Services Office or at the Concierge Desk on the Huntington Bank Club Level (Level 4).
- Concession counters are at a height comfortable for all arena guests. Wheelchair height tables are located in both main food court areas on the East and West sides of the arena.
- Wheelchairs are available to transport guests to their seats.
- There are seven passenger elevators to transport guests to all levels of Quicken Loans Arena.
- Water fountains throughout the arena are wheelchair height accessible.
- The 22 men’s and 24 women’s restrooms located throughout the arena, in addition to four unisex/ family restrooms, are accessible. All private suites are wheelchair accessible and also have full restroom facilities that are all-accessible.
- First aid stations staffed with registered nurses can be found on the Main Concourse (Level 3, behind Section 120) and the Upper Concourse (Level 5, behind Section 220).
- For guests who are hearing-impaired, amplification devices, including hearing-aid compatible devices, can be borrowed from Radio Central on the Main Concourse (Level 3, near Section 118) for use during an event. A driver’s license or ID is required. Amplification devices are operable from any seat in the arena.
How to Purchase Tickets
Purchasing tickets for a Quicken Loans Arena event is a simple and convenient process for all guests. Guests with disabilities who require disabled seating may purchase tickets through the same methods, at same hours, and same stages of sales (e.g. presales, waiting lists, etc.) as guests requiring non-disabled seating. Specifically, guests with disabilities may purchase tickets at the Quicken Loans Arena Box Office; online at theQarena.com, Cavs.com and LakeErieMonsters.com; or by calling 888-894-9224, TDD 855-416-0373; and at any one of Discount Drug Mart’s 58 northern Ohio locations. When placing your order, please inform your ticket representative that you require accessible seating accommodations. Please note that while Quicken Loans Arena has well in excess of required accessible seating locations under applicable law, accessible seating is nonetheless limited, and a request for accessible seating does not guarantee availability.
We reserve the right to address fraudulent purchases or requests for accessible seats to the extent provided by law including, with respect to single event ticket purchases, asking the purchaser if they, or someone for whom they are purchasing, has a mobility disability that requires the use of a wheelchair space. With respect to season tickets, we may ask the purchaser to attest in writing that they, or the person for whom they are purchasing, has a mobility disability that requires the use of a wheelchair space. ADA ticket fraud includes, but is not limited to, the misrepresentation of a disability. Management reserves the right to take appropriate action regarding misrepresentation which may result in relocation or revocation of tickets, ejection or forfeiture of payment on your seats.
Platform Seating/Designated Aisle Seating
For most events, there are over 200 wheelchair accessible locations that include companion seats. Platform areas are located in various price classes and dispersed throughout the arena. Due to the various show staging configurations, floor seating for wheelchair guests will be based on a per event status for events other than Cleveland Cavaliers games. Floor seating for wheelchair guests during Cleveland Cavaliers games is currently not available. Click here to view arena seating configurations and wheelchair platform locations.
Each wheelchair accessible seat includes the option to purchase at least one (1) companion seat immediately adjacent to the wheelchair location, and, subject to availability at the time of purchase, up to a total of three (3) additional companion seats on the same platform row, unless ticket sales for any particular event are limited to fewer than four (4) total tickets for all purchasers. For example, if the venue or an event promoter limits purchases to two (2) tickets per concert for all purchasers, no additional companion seats beyond the required one (1) will be available. Guests in need of additional companion seats should advise their ticket representatives at time of purchase, and every effort will be made to locate them as close to the wheelchair space and one (1) required companion seat. Unsold platform seating may be released for public sale in accordance with applicable law.
Guests who require wheelchair seating must provide their own wheelchair.
Service animals trained to work or perform tasks for guests with a disability are welcome inside Quicken Loans Arena. All service animals must remain on a leash or be otherwise harnessed.
Special Information Telephone Numbers
- Quicken Loans Arena Event Information & Disability Seating & Service Information: (888) 894-9424; TDD 855-416-0373
- Cavaliers Information: (216) 420-2287
- Monsters Information: (216) 420-2000
Cavaliers Operating Company, LLC, as operator of Quicken Loans Arena strives to provide the most accessible websites possible for all of our patrons. If you have any suggestions, questions or ways you think we can make improvements to the usability or accessibility of any of our websites, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond as soon as possible.